- This event has passed.
Tourism Stakeholder Workshop
Thursday November 22 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 pm
Registration & Breakfast 8:00 am in the Hermitage Ballroom, Workshop begins 8:30 am
Space is limited – Please RSVP by Monday, November 19, 2018
• To share and generate ideas for tourism growth; and
• To generate a long-list of tourism products and experiences for Ontario’s Lake Country that best match the market, and provide the best potential for sustainable revenue generation (i.e. private sector investment)
• Overview of market research to date
• Key objectives for tourism growth across Ontario’s Lake Country
• Input on any new opportunities for tourism investment in the area
The Orillia Area Community Development Corp., in partnership with Ontario’s Lake Country, Regional Tourism Organization 7, Tourism Simcoe County, the Townships of Oro-Medonte, Severn and Ramara, the City of Orillia, and Rama First Nations, has retained CBRE Tourism & Leisure Group (“CBRE”) to identify tourism investment opportunities in Ontario’s Lake Country (see map below).
A key component of this study is this Stakeholder Workshop. Following the workshop, we will work with the Steering Committee to narrow down the top 3 tourism investment opportunities, and evaluate their potential through high-level feasibility and market assessments.
As key stakeholders in the region, your presence at this meeting is invaluable to ensuring Ontario’s Lake Country continues to stay positioned as a significant tourism destination in the future.
Thank you in advance for considering this request.